'Fill the Space' a poem by Thomas Rogers Muyunga Mukasa

'Fill The Space'

On the couch where we used to lie,
arm in arm, neck to neck,
bosom to bosom, loin to loin,
we had our time, you gave me yours,
 and I mine.

In the bed where we used to sleep,
spoon on spoon, head on chest,
arms splayed, twosome breaths,
we had our time, you gave me yours,
and I mine.

On the couch between our intimate space,
where we had our arm in arm and neck to neck,
you fill the space with the Ipad and phone,
the time we had is an electronic impound,
my arm stretches to find you in the debris,
the taker of time and space.

In the bed between the sheets,
where I happed into your fold,
you fill the space with your laptop,
a co-spouse as jealous for your time,
your arms find more companionship there.

The hard copy newspaper in the yard is yellow,
out of neglect, not removed from its wrapping,
your phone, 'fill the space' enables you to shave and surf,
remnants of shaving cream dried and hard,
speak of the time you give to personal grooming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking into the city series 1 by Thomas Rogers Muyunga Mukasa

Kitovu Hill

Who is behind this blog?