Haloed Identity, by Tom Mukasa



Haloed Identity

When my arm stretches,
let it linger as it reaches,
let it touch what it craves,
let it grasp what it loves.

Like the croon of a male dove,
the coquettish side steps of a doe,
in a courtship dance,
whose inevitability is a twosome.

A sameness out of longing,
a oneness fully consummated,
a privacy uninterrupted,
a closeness never intruded.

I wake up to whirring noise,
sometimes loud and distant,
my present and past,
all a blur transfigured in a poise.

Inner self meets reality,
as long as I expect pity,
a halo over identity,
a life on the sand dunes of integrity!

Ashore go the pebbles,
the raging sea in me stirs,
like the uprising of fiery rebels,
ceaseless and forever restless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking into the city series 1 by Thomas Rogers Muyunga Mukasa

Who is behind this blog?

Kitovu Hill