Hangover, by Tom Mukasa

Hangover

Something roused me,
shook me,
my head,
my head is so heavy,
pinned down,
the ceiling plays horrid games,
the walls are wobbling,
I am sinking into an abyss,
I need to get out of here,
my feet,
 must have left them in the bar,
no doubt,
there is loud hammering,
so much noise inside my head,
of all places,
honestly,
I cannot lift myself out of the bed,
wrinkles in my bed-sheets,
cutting through my delicate skin,
phantom walls continue wriggling,
this is new wall engineering,
I can sing better now,
but, 
I need to out-sing the band playing in my head,
live music,
the venue is somewhere,
there,
I need to turn effortlessly,
tug-of-wills,
I am willing myself out of bed,
the phantoms press harder,
pinning me down,
playing loud music in my head,
techno-hammers, jack-size and heavy,
the floor opens up,
somehow I found my feet again,
a breathe of cool air,
water on my face,
magic,
I gulping down this liquid,
 to chase the phantoms,
I am saved,
the jack-hammers are gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is behind this blog?

Walking into the city series 1 by Thomas Rogers Muyunga Mukasa

Kitovu Hill